The main goal of 21st century dentistry is to retain the teeth until recently only qualified for removal and fully aesthetic and functional restoration of the teeth already lost.
This has been achieved through the use of Tactile Regeneration (GTR) and Bone Regeneration (GBR) methods.
The use of suitable materials to strengthen the already deformed teeth, causes rapid and uncomplicated regeneration of bone tissue and improves the anatomy of the alveolar process. The specific properties of these materials are particularly valuable in cases of planned prosthetic reconstruction using implants. We use the bio-materials of the Geistlich company in the clinic IPS-DENT:
Bio-Oss® is a natural substitute material derived from bone tissue. During the patented production process, all ingredients that may cause disease transmission or induce allergic reactions are removed. The natural characteristics of the mineral structure remain unchanged.
Bio-Gide® collagen membrane consists of highly purified collagen fibers. They help to heal bone tissue and mucous membrane.
Indications for the use of bio-materials
To maintain existing dentition, which lost its stable anchorage due to ongoing inflammatory periodontitis (bacterial plaque).
Removing the apexes
To restore damaged bone after root resection or removal of the cyst.
Extraction (tooth extraction)
To replenish bone loss after extraction of teeth.
The implant is implanted in place of the missing tooth. Sometimes, the amount of patient’s own bone is insufficient to insert the implant. In order to strengthen and increase the volume of bone, we use biomaterials.
Maxillary sinus elevation
This is a procedure that involves the addition of bones in the lateral portion of the jaw, which allows implantation of implants in this area.
Effect of bio-materials
Bio-Oss® bone substitute, thanks to its highly porous structure, forms a scaffold for new bone.
Bio-Gide® membrane, which is placed on the healing surface of the bone, serves as a protective barrier to prevent the ingestion of fast-growing soft tissues into space that should be consumed by low-level bone tissue. In addition, Bio-Gide® promotes proper healing of the wound.
After a period of 6-9 months, Bio-Oss® molecules are joined to the bone and subsequently degraded. The membrane is absorbed by the body after its role.
At the end of the controlled tissue regeneration process, the newly formed bone is practically indistinguishable from the bone itself.
Recommendations after surgery
- Cold, moist compresses can be applied.
- In case of pain, take prescribed prescription painkillers.
- During the first weeks, the area where the treatment was performed should be avoided during brushing, and antibacterial mouthwashes should be avoided. After this period, to clean the area around the wound healing, you can use toothbrushes with special soft bristles.
- During the first 2-3 days after the treatment, you should avoid drinking coffee, smoking cigarettes and drinking alcohol. This reduces the risk of postoperative bleeding and improves wound healing.
- Cigarette smoking and improper oral hygiene can have a detrimental effect on the outcome.
- Follow-up visits should be followed even if the healing goes smoothly.